Zeer tevreden van de vorige lan 🙂
What does ‘LAN-party’ mean ?
LAN stands for “Local Area Network”. Every participant brings his own computer. We provide every participant with a delimited space (110 cm) at his table, along with a chair, a Gigabit network-connection and a power-socket. Once you’re installed, you hook up your computer to our fast local network (a helpdesk is at your disposal).
This way, the participants are all connected to each other. The network equipment & the servers are all being taken care of by our crew. Once your PC is connected to the network, you can start playing games against the other participants.
Minimum requirements :
- 1 PC or portable computer with powercable and/or AC-adaptor
- 1 Headphone (speakers are not allowed !)
- Your personal ID-card / Heimdal-card
Additional stuff :
- Mobile phone and charger
- Your own chair (there’s a chair provided for every participant)
At the event, you will be able to buy food and drinks at all times.
Parking spots are free of charge.
Terms and conditions
By creating a booking for The Promised LANd event you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Whilst we do expect the event to be enjoyable, it is important to have a set of conditions in order to keep the activities at the event safe and legal while ensuring that everybody has a good time.
The following conditions are in place to maintain network legality and performance for all participants. By connecting to The Promised LANd network you agree to the following:
- The network will be monitored by the event technical team. The aim of the event is to provide multiplayer gaming to all participants and the network has been designed with this in mind as well as the provision of basic internal and external communications with other participants. Any other use of the network may constitute a breach of these conditions specifically including, but not limited to: tranfer of any material that you do not have copyright to, materials to which you do not have permission to distribute, illegal materials, or items that may cause damage to other users' software or hardware.
- Before connecting to the network you may be asked to demonstrate that your PC is virus free, if your PC is suspected to be infected at any point during the event it will be removed from the network until it is proven to be clean.
- During the course of the event some file transfers may be necessary and therefore an DC service has been provided which contains most of the files you are likely to require at the event. If there are files you wish to legitimately share, please upload these to the incoming directory on the DC service.
- You are provided with one network cable (unless an additional cable has been booked as an additional service). You are not permitted to bring any of your own networking devices such as switches, hubs, wireless access points etc. Please do not interfere with The Promised LANd network in any way, if you are experiencing difficulties with the network, contact the technical team who will assist you.
- You are not permitted to plug anything into the event power systems other than your PC (and related peripherals), Monitor, Mobile Phone/Camera Chargers or similar. Non-PC related items (e.g. microwaves, kettles, desk fans) are not permitted.
- Only one monitor per participant is permitted.
- Speaker systems are also not permitted.
- Consoles are permitted, however we ask that you power down your PC before using the console.
We ask that you do not behave in a manner that will spoil the event for any of the other participants. Do not cause intentional damage to any property either belonging to other participants,Heimdal or HOGENT.
Heimdal or HOGENT are not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of property at any point during the event. Your equipment is your own responsibility, we advise that you take precautions such as not leaving small items of equipment around unsupervised, larger items should be secured to your desk and you are advised to procure your own insurance arrangements for your property while at the event.
Alcohol & Illegal Substances
All alcohol must be purchased from the venue bar as the premises are licensed, participants under the age of 18 are not permitted to consume alcohol on site. If event staff or bar staff believe that an individual has consumed excessive alcohol they not be permitted to continue consuming any additional alcohol, if the participant's behaviour may cause harm or upset to other participants as a result they may be temporarily or permanently ejected from the event.
- Participants suspected to be under the influence of any illegal substances will be asked to leave the event immediately.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the venue at any time.
Parking spots are free of charge between 19h00 and 9h00. At all times it is forbidden to block an emergency-exit with your car. The road and the entrance and exit of the emergency road must always be accessible.
Emergency exits can only be used in emergency situations ! As long as there is no evacuation, you must leave or enter the hall by its normal entrance and exit.
If you are unable to attend the event, please notify us as soon as possible.
Tickets to the event are non-transferrable unless booked as part of the voucher/group booking process, in which case these are allowed to be transferred from the original buyer to the new ticket holder once only.
Failure to adhere to all of the above terms & conditions will result in either a verbal warning or being asked to leave the event, without refund, depending on the severity of the breach of terms as determined by the event management. You can be charged by a fine of 50 euro's.